Friday, January 17, 2014

Maingate Struggles

As you probably know, one of the big perks of being in the Disney college program is that you get access to any of the parks whenever you want. To do so you just need your "main gate" or "main entrance" pass. The only problem is, Disney mails the pass to you. The system doesn't have your new apartment's address though, so unless you want it to be sent to your old university or home, you need to pick it up at the office. 

Easy enough...unless you don't know where the office is. 

I knew it was in Celebration, Fl so I took that exit. First issue-it was an automated toll road that you need to have exact change for, no bills or cards are accepted. Guess I'll be mailing my 75 cent check *rolls eyes*

After that, I decided to just drive around and find it that way. I did successfully find a Disney building, but, as it turns out, they don't hand out main gate passes at the IT building (shocker). Fortunately, a guy randomly walked out right when I needed him and told me where I was supposed to go (he also told me that I had "sold my soul" when I mentioned that I was in the college program...so, that was cool...)

I then made it to the big Disney office. But, guess what? It was locked! Don't worry though, I have watched enough Bond movies to know that I just need to keep cool and look like I belong. Two seconds later I nonchalantly snuck in behind some random other Disney employee. 

Look who greeted me!!

The lady at the front desk told me I was in the wrong building again (seriously, how many times can I fail in one day??) but, thankfully, it was just across the courtyard. 

220 Celebration Place to be exact

Not quite sure why I didn't think about this door being locked like all of the others, but I didn't, and there was no one around. You can only look like you belong for so long while you're standing right outside a  locked door, so the Bond plan totally failed me. Eventually I got rescued by a random man and made my way to the eighth floor of the building. 

SUCCESS!!!!!

Also, when I was walking back to my car, a Cuban food truck pulled up for the Disney employees. DOUBLE success

2 comments:

  1. So I have a question about the maingate passes! I hope it makes sense because as I'm thinking of how to word it, it makes no sense to me lol.
    So we get 6 maingate passes, and each pass can be used for 3 people, correct?
    So are those passes reusable each day, or once it's used, the pass can't be used again?
    Like if my family came and visited in July, and my friends came in September, are those passes still valid, or are they one-time use?
    I hope this makes sense. I know they can't be reswiped the same day on different people, but they can be reused over and over throughout the program, correct?

    This just confused me, so I hope it doesn't confuse you lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you get three main gate passes. They can each be used six times, so you technically have 18 hopper tickets at your disposal.

      The easiest way to put it is that you have six days to bring in guests. You can spread these six days out or group them together. The main point is that you have six days to bring one, two, or three guests in with you.

      Make sense?

      Delete